Motivation is a simple concept. It’s what drives you to behave a certain way or to take a particular action. But staying motivated in an uncertain market like real estate is easier said than done.
After ten prosperous years, the Great Recession thrust real estate professionals into uncharted waters. When business slowed or stopped altogether, motivation became even more crucial. Without a conscious and challenging effort to make good decisions in tough circumstances, many professionals found their businesses off track in short order. Others stayed inspired, doubled their efforts and found ways to adapt. With that in mind, here are seven tips to get motivated and stay in a mindset that will lead to prosperity in the long term .
1. Love is golden: Make your work not a job but a way of life. It should drive you to be the best at what you do and allow you to take the risks necessary for growth.
2. Stick to your routine: A daily routine is a sign of discipline and success. It reassures existing clients and helps attracts new ones who value self-directed behavior and professionalism.
3. Winning is contagious: Remember that success in your field can help those around you realize their own strengths and improve their lives as well.
4. Flourish by surviving: The Great Recession has tested our spirit, values, faith and confidence these past couple of years. But the will to survive also drove us to improve our practices and our profession.
5. Be positively optimistic: As bad as the economy has been, tomorrow’s market for real estate eventually will offer adventures and unseen opportunities for those willing to take the lead. Hard work, sacrifice and perseverance will be rewarded with prosperity.
6. Accountability counts: Share your ideas, plans and personal objectives with business associates you respect and trust. By creating accountability, you reaffirm your commitment to achieve your mission.
7. Create a legacy of wealth: Wealth is about more than client lists or revenue figures. Our legacy will be based on the lives we have enriched and the people we have served. If that doesn’t drive you, nothing will!
At Christopher Frederick, we’ve spent more than 20 years seeking out driven candidates for our clients’ top positions. To learn more about how we can maximize your next executive search, contact Chris Hingle at email@example.com.